Tethering and about to give up on this brand.

Thanx for the invitation...!

I hope it is not to late since we are about to change the whole studio to another brand !

Main reason : lack of Tethering mainly on K3 (and previous K5IIs)...

We have tried about everything to get in contact with Ricog/Pentax to allow Tomasz Kos to adapt PKTether to

the K5II and K3 flagships...

We NEED tethering, and perferably intergration tools for third party vendors like Adobe(for LR) and Heliconsoft.

Unfortunately never had ANY response through official and unofficial channels....and now the wait is almost over

Please if someone can make the USB-interface description to K3 firmware available the whole Pentax community will benifit.

Already we have 60% functionality just need to know a few little things.

S.O.P.S.  (save our PENTAX soul)

Topics: 5
Kudos: 13
Solutions: 4

Re: Tethering and about to give up on this brand.

Thank you so much for your comment and suggestion. I have already forwarded on your points to our product manager as a product enhancement suggestion. We understand the importance of tethetring and it is something we know our camera must come equipped with in the future. 

Bob

I am glad to hear this from Ricoh.  My old K10D has tethering and from time to time I still bring it out in order to take advantage of the feature.

+1 on tethering!  And glad to hear that is a feature being considered again.  Native tethering support in Lightroom is the only feature I would ask for, and the only thing that tempts me to other brands.

There are many areas in this system that need improvement, but most I can work around.  Tethering unfortunately does not have a work around except to pull the SD card and stick it in the computer.  Rather old fashioned when models and clients are used to just seeing the image pop on the computer screen.

Please give consideration to moving this to the head of list for implementation.

Re: Tethering - hope on the horizon ??????

Dear Martha,

VERY pleased with your response.... Please download a version of Tomasz's PK-Tether a be surprised by already the support for many , many older PENTAX camera's.

Having worked for global IT companies like Fujitsu and Dell i FULLY understand the cost (and risks) involved in bringing a product to market by RICOH themselves...and that is certainly NOT what we ask for, since K3 and K5II are already older systems.

The BEST way to make tethering available WITHOUT ANY risk and cost to Ricoh would be to provide us (Tomasz and me) with a single PDF with the USB-commands/parameters so we can finish the almost working version we already have.  

Please get Ricoh management to reconsider and allow us access to the requested info !   

Kind regards, Gerard

Come on Pentax.  Give us a little gift for Christmas will ya? If you don't want to have an official Pentax wired tethering at least give the PKTether folks the list of commands. Heck, you could even get together with them to actually sell the software so that you both could make money off this while making the Pentax community happy. You want to make a bunch of quick sales for Christmas? Get off the stick and get us wired tethering software for the K-3 and the rest of the Pentax DSLRs and I will definitely let Santa know that is what I want in my stocking. 

I have a K10D that I have used with PK-Tether. But I found also that PENTAX Remote Assistant 3, that previously was reported as 'iffy' with the K10D does work with my camera, as long as I run it from an Administrator account in Windows Vista (insert background music of "Psycho" here :) )... So, give it a try by installing the software as admin and run it (please consult with a trusty IT support person first).

I believe you with K10D...but definately not with anything after that starting with K7..!

kind regards.

Hi Martha,

have not heard from you since posting this POSITIVE response.... Any news on this.?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bob

I would just like to be able to use my camera in Lightroom.  That way I can apply all of the adjustments, tagging, etc. at the same time.