Theta S - Bright Red Lens Flare

I have been testing my new Theta S for two days now and most outdoors shots, where the sun is visible in the sky, have in a small bright red circular lens flare usually below the horizon with a secondary larger but much less bright pinkish flare higher up. Also the sun itself has a circular white ghost flare offset from the center of the sun. The small red flare is very noticeable and annoying. I have not seen this in any of the few Theta S sample shots and I never experience this problem with the Theta m15. Has anyone else found this problem or is my Theta S a 'lemon'?

Topics: 5
Kudos: 13
Solutions: 4

Re: Theta S - Bright Red Lens Flare

Strange. First time I've heard of this. Let me verfiy with our product manager to see if he's heard of this issue before. 

where did you get your theta s from? i am trying to buy 20 now ricoh store is cancelling orders

me too as shown as an attach file (right on my face)

this photo is in middle lower of the frame (2 flares, on chair and middle women in black)

in the middle area (in the pool)

I have the same problem. After taking a picture with the bright red dot I did a test where I turned the camera 90 degrees. The bright red dot showed up in the same relative position to the image and sun. It did not move with the camera angle. I'm not sure what it means except it is not related to a specific side of the camera.

I have had my theta s for over 6 months now and am now just experiencing this same red dot issue - any ideas?

jp

I have the same issue and I just bought the unit