DSLR Pentax K100D Super

Can I get some feedback from other owners of the above DSLR? Specifically, what kind of batteries work best? Rechargeable don't work worth a darn. Lithium ones cost too much, and don't last too well either. Other than shutting it off between taking pictures, I can't get any decent use. And trying to use flash is a disaster.

Re: DSLR Pentax K100D Super

I do not use rechargeble anymore. I use good quality normal alkaline in my K200D. They last a long time and the ones sold by IKEA is not expensive. When they are not good enough for my Pentax, than they will end up in my headlight for a few days/weeks. Try a few brands, some are useless in a camera.

Sanyo Eneloops work a treat in my K100D.

I don't think the K100D super has different requirements. Perhaps the camera needs checking?

Alkaline are useless. Bought brand new Energizers, and they simply didn't allow any pictures. I use a digital battery testor and there was nothing discernibly wrong with them. I tried various different manufacturers/Duracell/RayOVac/store brand/Radio Shack, etc. and the Energizer Lithium seems the best. But even there, not satisfactory at all. I just wish the old Spotmatic was digital. LOL My MX was great. Those batteries, which only allowed focusing, etc. lasted forever. A year in one case. But the days of analog are gone. This K100D Super is a great camera for good pictures. I get compliments all the time. And I don't use flash unless absolutely necessary. The controls/shake reduction allow for my clumsyness and I can take lots of pix before the batteries fail, but not over time. I received a message from Ricoh that I might get up to 750 w/o flash or less with flash. I'm not sure the exact number I get, and will have to log them for a while to see. And I will check back from time to time to see if any of you have other suggestions. :)

Just in case you didn't notice: The Sanyo Eneloops are a special, hybrid rechargeable type. If they don't work with your camera, the latter needs fixing.

I'd never buy Lithiums or Alkalines on a continuous basis; too expensive in the long run.

Meanwhile, if use any Pentax-compatible flash, save those batteries for it. I have two old Pentax AF280T units that I use in non-TTL modes and rechargeables save me a lot of money for them.

OK. Now - when I googled Sanyo eneloops AA, I got so much info that I'm confused. If these are MH rechargeables, how do I know what to buy? They have "1500x", "1800x" & "2100x", which indicates the number of recharges. If I already have a MH recharge unit from Radio Shack, will it work to recharge the Sanyo's? Or do I need to buy the Sanyo complete with the recharger? I also see a "newer" battery that costs $80. ?? Do they have a 9 volt Sanyo? I know the camera don't use 9 volt, but if I buy rechargeable batteries from Sanyo, I would like to use AA, AAA and 9 volt. This is beyond the DSLR Pentax K100D Super question. After all, batteries are used in so many things today. I even read where there is a break-through for electric cars - that run for 120 miles or more.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
The numbers represent milli-ampere hours, not recharge times. It equals current times time. The higher the number the longer it will last at a given current draw. The Eneloops are NiMH batteries
Nickel Metal Hybrid. Any charger labeled NiMH can be used but the batteries will survive more recharges if a slow charger is used. 1 hour chargers will kill them much quicker.