what is the future of the GXR line. I see it is discontinued in certain markets, like the UK.

I have recently purchased 3 new GXR kits and all of the lenses. I am hoping that the GXR will continue to be supported and developed in the future by Ricoh. I see that the UK has discontinued it as has several other international markets.

Rick

Re: what is the future of the GXR line. I see it is discontinued in certain markets, like the UK.

Hi Rick. The RICOH GXR is no longer in production; although there still may be some remaining stock.  However, technical and repair support for the GXR will continue. Thanks.

Re: what is the future of the GXR line. I see it is discontinued in certain markets, like the UK.

Yes, it's too bad this fine camera has been discontinued.

All too often, the best models have a short life.

More to the point - is the carefully crafted unique GXR rail mount modular system dead? Just when Ricoh seemed to be on the point of having the rail mount system deemed widely acceptable they lost both heart and momentum. Very obviously the rail mount system should have led kinto multiple bodies - say the tiniest possible, the "GXR" size and a "full house" with built in evf and tilt lcd. If it is ever revived the first thing needing attention is a professional level shot to shot buffer. Surprisingly not much else, a built in evf would be nice. A tribute to the quality of the original design.