K3 mk II refusing to switch off

Hey everyone,

I've just purchased a K3 mark II yesterday and was a bit disapointed to notice that the camera won't turn off when the power switch if on the Off position. The camera does shut down completely when the power switch is on the "Light" position.

When the power switch is on the Off position, the back LCD turns off after 30 seconds, and the top one after 60 seconds, so the camera will be completely shut down in 60 seconds.
I have already negotiated a replacement with the vendor, but I'm just raising a flag here, just in case this is an issue that might be wide spread and requires an urgent firmware update from Ricoh. 
If this is just an isolated issue, than it raises some questions about quality control at Ricoh...
Any thoughts?

Re: K3 mk II refusing to switch off

Yea, same here. Same problem. Going back to Amazon today.

[ Edited ]

Quickly addressed by Ricoh.  Not good to have an issue, but really good to have a company own their problems and take care of it.

Ricoh Issues k-3II recall

[ Edited ]

Maybe they could have "owned" it before shipping tons of defective units out there. And it does not look like they are pulling them from retailers who are still at this very moment selling defective units.

Seems like a minimal response to me. They haven't owned anything. This is only good for peoples who camreas are working and want a free service. 

I just got my K3ii this morning. Purchased on Monday. The retailer should not have even had that serial number range to sell me. This issue has been known for months now.

Also, I am expected to pay shipping and insurance.

So I lose a lot of time and have $1000 tied up in something I cant use. How long before they would get me a new camera? a month? They are addressing neither well nor quickly.

And I had the same problems with my K3 back focusing. Brand new camera that I can't use for a month. Ricoh is really making their mark all right. Maybe the R I C O H on the back was supposed to be a warning :-)

My K5 is still pulling its weight which is good becuase it is the only body that works after spending almost $2000 on new cameras. Thanks Ricoh.

all these posts about Ricoh allowing defective k3 II to be sold has put the fear of god into me about buying the new K1. The Nikon is looking better and better.

K-1 must be scaring the pants off of Nikon if they have to pay trolls to bad mouth it.