shutter lag

Is there a fix for the shutter lag when using flash with the K3II? Love the picture quality but makes the camera useless for close wildlife pictures

Re: shutter lag

I've never seen it but there has been some discussion about it on the K3 and K3-ii on pentaxfrums.com.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/296958-pentax-k3ii-has-shutter-lag-problem-wtih-ex...

It seems also that some people see it, some do not.  I have the K3 and K3-ii and have never experience any noticeable delay.

I take photos of fast moving/skittish dogs all the time for the local animal shelter.  Any delay woud be essentially disastrous for obtaining any useful images and create a heart condition for me. :-)

Sadly, the forums seem to degenerate as they usualy do and go off the rails.  I haven't followed all the threads (the issue has come up there a few times) to see if a real solution or if sending for repair helps.

If you have not yet ugraded your firmware, that seems to help some people. 

Following the topics.

I'll some problem

Good answer 

Highlighted

I suspect you will find this relates to whether your flash is set for red-eye reduction, and/or pre-exposure flashes. Both will delay flash reponsiveness.