Full-Frame Lenses Wishlist

[ Edited ]

The forthcoming Full-Frame camera should be accompanied (sooner or later) with some new Full-Frame lenses.

Given that I expect the three FA Ltd to be perfectly usable, I'd like to see the following additions to the current line up:

1. 135/2.8 with an apodisation element. An alternative to using a physical apodisation element would be an"apodisation simulator" that all lenses could benefit from.
  2. 24/2, sharp, creamy bokeh, no purple fringing.
  3. 200/4 macro, could be manual focus only.

Re: Full-Frame Lenses Wishlist

Would love to see a DAF* 70-200mm f4. At my age care a 70-200mm f2.8 all day is just out of the question.  They weigh to much!

May be Ricoh could partner with Tokina and have the manufacture their 70-200mm f4 branded as a Pentax DAF * lens.   

[ Edited ]

PENTAX DFA* 24-70mm f:2.8 AW DC ILS

PENTAX DFA 24-70mm f:4 WR DC

PENTAX DFA 12-24mm f:4 WR DC

PENTAX DFA* 24-120mm f:2.8-3.5 AW DC ILS

PENTAX DFA 28-135mm f:4 WR DC

PENTAX DFA 28-300mm f:3.5-6.3 WR DC ILS

PENTAX DFA* 50mm f:1.2 AW DC

PENTAX DFA 50mm f:1.7 WR DC

PENTAX DFA 85mm f:4 WR DC ILS

PENTAX DFA 35mm f:2.4 WR DC

Where ILS stands for an "INTERNAL LENS STABILIZATION" that works in conjunction with the DSLR-Body internal "SR"(Shake Reduction)... (BTW, one could also name it "LIS" but that would not be technologically correct...because...? ;)

This ILS should already be included in current DFA* lenses... Just take a look at the price-tag.

And BTW. Pentax should get to produce gunmetal grey lenses... :D with silver decoration rings of course...

I sure hope they are going to make a longer lense. I shoot motorcycle races and practically live with the Sigma 50-500 on my K3. Sure wish they would make a longer lense.

Jim

As long as there is a decent range with high end and low end options. (i.e. f2.8 constant or lower, and variable 3.5+), I'd be well beyond happy. Don't care about exact ranges or primes as much.

What I do not want is another ad campaign about the benefit of the millions of existing lenses "available".   I do not want to be forced to go on "Flea-Bay" to buy overpriced mold-ridden pieces of crap from the 1950's!

PENTAX DFA 50mm f:1.7 WR DC

I agree very much on this. It should be supplied with a decent reversable bayonet plastic hood with indents for the image corners. The lens should be fairly small (250 gram and 4 cm lenght) and fairly cheap (250 US$). It should be quite sharp from f/2,0. Focus should be screw drive and quick shift. Max magnification about 0,25x. Metal mount, thermo stable plastic elswhere. Focus ring should be at least 1 cm wide and filter mount not rotating on focus. Rounded diaphragm.

Highlighted

Now, how about a poor-Pentax-man wishlist? Here are my suggestions: any early Pentax F, FA, FA PZ or FA j lens of your fancy. If you feel purer - err - poorer, practice manual focusing and go for the earlier Pentax A lenses of your choice.