Topics: 5
Kudos: 13
Solutions: 4

Full Frame- Market Launch 2015

[ Edited ]

As most of you have heard, we will be displaying a DSLR camera under development during CP+, February 12-15, 2015. From the recent press release you were informed that this camera with be a K-Mount DSLR with a large, 35mm full-frame image sensor. This camera will be compatible with DA-series interchangable lenses, using an image cropping funtion. While the name is TBD, the camera being developed will hit the market by the end of 2015.

So, we want to know...what features are you looking for, what are your guesses on specs? Let's talk all thing Full Frame and we'll chime in where we can.

CP+_Reference_Product.jpg

Re: Full Frame- Market Launch 2015

I think this full frame is great news.  I've been using Pentax for years.  I'd be happy with the same features that are in the K5 series and K3 series as is.  One thing I'm curious about, will the camera detect APC lenses, or will it have to be maually set, and will the option to over ride be available for those who want to try a APC lens in FF mode.

[ Edited ]

Would love to see a full frame body with:

• WiFi & NFC function
  • APSC lens adaptable
  • GPS 
  • Weathertight body, yet lightweight and compact
  • Good high ISO performance

Of course, would like to see a good line of full frame lenses from Pentax as well.

Two words on FF: "thank you"! :)

it a nice news
im very interesting to know real FF pentax

What about tiltable LCD display & 4k video format.

Great features for great camera.

I really was not intersted in a full frame as my current camera K5 fulfills my needs I will definetly upgrade to the K3. but know that you have a full frame I will upgrade to the full frame and still buy the k3 as my back-up For a full frame At least 24 megapixels, dual sd card slots, articulated screen, and a decent frame rate. I still have some F and FA lenses from my film days but will have to buy some more. transitioning will be very expensive so i am glad to see you have made provisions so people can use thier APSC lenses. I will need lenses simular to the current 16-50, 60-135, The lenses you are coming out with and what you already have in your line up  and with the lenses i still own should be ok. I wish you would make all your lenses weatherproof. I am a proffesional photographer who has stuck with pentax for more than 40 years.

Given the size of the body relative to the K-3 and K-5 I am beginning to wonder if this might be the smallest full frame body DSLR. Dimension wise, it looks close to the D750.  One thing I hope to see a return of is the left side grip on the K-5, that little indentation was not only attractive to look at but made an excellent thumb rest for left hand(I have big hands).

I'm noticing the pentaprism looks HUGE though, something which im excited to see... because that might mean a giant viewfinder. (I hope)

We're getting there. On Wedsneday we announced two D FA lenses.

HD PENTAX-D FA* 70-200mm F2.8ED DC AW: http://www.us.ricoh-imaging.com/camera-lenses/HD_PENTAX-D_FA*_70-200mm_F2.8ED_DC_AW

HD PENTAX-D FA150-450mmF4.5-5.6 ED DC AW: http://www.us.ricoh-imaging.com/camera-lenses/HD_PENTAX-D_FA_150-450mm_F4.5-5.6ED_DC_AW

A lot of our lenses are either weather-resistant or have all-weather construction: http://www.us.ricoh-imaging.com/camera-lenses