Re: Full Frame- Market Launch 2015

One important thing! Lots of old lenses will be used with the new body, we need clear feedbacks about whats in focus, when we focus manualy. We need focus peaking or zebra type feedback about the sharp edges, with color markings. It's better if the user can slect the color of the focus peaking. It's a key thing, if you are developing camera for old lenses. Some SDM type lenses have screw drive too, if we can select in the body wich we prefer, that would be great too. :)

I'm hoping for a better AF-C, with wide spreaded AF points, faster x-sync (at least don't block the sync signal over 1/180s)  and a new flash system, that can control multiple flashes from the camera, preferably using a Pentax radio controller.

I think, it's important to pay more attention to video features this time, allow to use a mechanical SR during movies and focus peaking while filming.

A slow shutter speed (over 30 seconds) without the need for external tools.

ISO 50 or ISO 80 although as in k-5 *. 

We dont need built in flash, but we need a bigger, viewfinder instead! According to my previous comment, about the manualfocusing...

Looking for:

Crop mode - Option to Enable/Disable/Auto

This will allow users who own DA lenses that cover the full frame circle to use those lenses in either option (lenses like the DA*55 F1.4, DA*200 F2.8, etc). This also provides a "feature" to the FF owners to add additional range to their lenses at the loss of resolution.

Sensor shift super resolution - Similar to what Olympus is doing

We already have sensor shift on the k-5/k-3 to act like a shift lens. We already have sensor shift in the k-3 to perform as an AA filter. It wouldn't be too difficult to do sensor shift for super resolution files (outputted to special RAW or TIFF) to get ridiculously large resolution files (for example, the 16MP Oly is doing 40MP files). That would be revolutionary on this FF camera. It wouldn't compete against the 645Z because it would only be useful for certain situations (tripod only, etc).

Mechanical stabilization for video/4K video -

The k-3 has digital stabilization and it makes for some issues when recording video. It would be great to have an option to use mechanical stabilization on the FF and all upcoming cameras with SR. Forcing only digital stabilization with the statement that mechanical stabilization causes "noise" has been a problem to several photographers on other forums.

New or Updated Fast Wides:

Would be great to see WR/AW DC versions of:

14-16mm F2/2.8

24mm F1.4/1.8/2

Currently for APSC we have the 15 F4, which does not cover the FF sensor. In addition, it is F4 because it's a Limited lens and is compact. For the FF camera, I don't think compactness is as much of an issue, and there are some people who would like like to have WR/DC versions of the DA 14 F2.8 (which does cover the FF sensor). So it might be time to retire that version and bring out a newer better one.

I would consider replacing the FA*24 F2 as I don't believe it is being produced at this time. It's a great lens and I had one, but the lack of WR and the FA 31 Ltd makes it a less preferred lens.

New or updated faster telephotos:

Would be great to see AW/WR DC versions of:

135 F2/2.4

400 F2.8

600 F4

Sport and wildlife shooters would love to see premium lenses like the above. The DA 560 F5.6 AW is a great lens, but it does not have as much of an impact as the 400 F2.8 or 600 F4 from the competitors. Also, we have the DA 70 F2.4, but nothing between that and the DA 200 F2.8.

New or updated kit primes:

Would be great to see a DA AL version of:

24mm F2.8

135mm F3.5

We currently have the DA AL versions of the 35 F2.4 and 50 F1.8, but nothing beyond that. Those lenses are fantastic for their price and performance, and not everyone needs prograde versions (i.e. DA 35 Ltd, DA*55 F1.4, etc). Also, both the 35 and the 50 fit on the full frame sensor, so that's pretty awesome.

Will add more as I think of it.

I would like to use M and K lenses with full aperture control in the camera like in the good old film bodies. I don't like to have to press the green button to get a correct exposure. Please put back the mecanical transfer of the aperture setting of the lens to the camera body! Thank you!

I don't need WiFi, picture modes, tilting screen or video.  But if that's what's needed to raise the camera's appeal, so be it.  What I would like is blazing fast autofocus and a reasonable frame rate, coupled with good high ISO performance and a fast flash sync speed.

[ Edited ]

Yes I must agree. A mechanical sensor for aperture of M and K lenses would be a real good thing.

[ Edited ]

5 things I'd like: (coming from a K10d, K-5IIs and ME-Super user)

-an on-board flash. at least a tiny one for use as a master/commander of other flashes. (a built-in radio system will do too, althought i won't be useful with old nor current flashes, and I'd prefer not having to buy new flashes)

-de-crippling the K mount so K and M lenses are useful without stop down metering.

-keep the price "affordable" (I know it wont be "cheap")

-have a real distrubutor here in Argentina. The current importer (I don't even know if it's an "official" one) is extremely expensive, and only has a few things, so we have to resort on someone to bring the stuff from abroad

-keep it a Pentax. Don't fix what ain't broken.

I think it is more important to keep it state of the art for professional work an quality rather than making a cheaper than the competitors type of camera. It need to be among, if not THE best of FF's available.