PR

Re: Full Frame- Market Launch 2015

Shoot Low. Many more people will buy if you keep your camera in the price range and competition of the Nikon D600-class camera. We have 645D for ultra-high-end applications already. 

As far as ISO, AF, DR, whatever: As long as it’s as good as the K3, or better, great. I don’t have arbitrary requests about tech spec numbers.

Built-in flash? I won’t use it.

Interchangeable focusing screen – You’ve been good to us, but don’t be a Nikon and remove this feature from the top camera. High quality split-image screens will be key to users buying your camera to use old lenses on.

Crop mode - Enable/Disable/Auto. We all know that many of the DA lenses are “full frame.” Let us use them that way. Re-launch them as HD FA if you have to, for newcomers, but let us use the original DA versions we already gave you our money for.

While I don’t use many M or K lenses (Either “M42” or “A” and later), it might be advantageous to de-cripple the K-mount. Not only do you open your users to more usable lenses at launch, you open third-party companies like Samyang and Zeiss to utilize it in non-cpu lens designs.

Video – K3 spec is good enough, but better would be better. I’m not going to think that s-log and 4k are things Pentax needs to spend their time and resources worrying about now, but selectable frame rates and a semi-decent codec, please.  Clean HDMI always welcome, too.

A rumor popped up on a popular rumor site about your new camera removing screw drive. I’m not asking you to confirm nor deny, just letting you know that it would make everyone very upset and I trust you to make the right choice. :)

24 MP is pushing too high for my applications, even though I regularly print big! A small raw feature would be brilliant - 12mp on a 24mp sensor, or 18 on a 36mp sensor. If I want to use the full resolution, I can switch for one shot. (K10D raw-button style? As long as it doesn’t clutter the body.)

Exchangeable viewfinder – I’ve heard this tossed around. I don’t want anything that compromises durability in wet/dusty conditions. Having a standardized accessory mount for eyecup magnifiers and right-angle finders is enough.

Customizable function buttons. Always nice things to have. 

Moral of this story – don’t pull any funny moves and you can’t really mess up in my books. Good luck trying to turn a profit, and thanks Ricoh, for saving the Pentax name.

Re: Disable/Enable crop mode

Ultrawide lens!! Give us a DA 15mm limited equivalent - but sharper. Could also be a 20mm or 21mm f/5.6 as long as it has great color rendition, flare resistance, sharpness and is pocketable and hopefully weather-resistant (DFA* ?!).

There is no Zeiss Distagon 21mm for K-Mount (maybe too large, therefore go with the f/4 or f/5.6), no Voigtlander Color Skopar 20mm f/3.5 or other full frame K-mount lens that can be bought new

1.better AF.C especially for tracking.

2.deep grip like Nikon D750.

3.light weight, no more than 850g.

1. Bigger viewfinder would be nice. If I would use a flash, I would buy an external one anyway.

2. Better video functionalities/support! Think of Canon camera's + Magic Lantern.

3. Filming in at least 60fps, pref. 120fps.

4. APS-C lens compatible

5. Good iso results, good noise cancellation algorithm. Better quality with lesser light.

6. Water resistant. My K-5 endured a lot but never failed on me. Build quality of a tank.

7. A sensor which has similar or better specs than the 5D Mark III

8.At least 30 MP, pref 40 or 50.

1.  True built in WIFI with wireless teathering and file transfer of both RAW and JPG files to remote devices. No more FLU card. 

2.  Electronic shutter for high speed flash sync similar to the one used in the Lumix GH4.

3. In camera multipliable channel and group flash control similar to the Nikon creative lighting system.

How about a remake for the legendary FA31,43&77 with new coating which match the needs for digital imaging?

However, there's no need to change their outlook and feature like aperture ring(which made them sexy)

They are iconic Pentax primes which I think it's good to have a update.

As a landscape shooter and a 645z user, I would like to see:

Electronic first curtain shutter in live view.

100% view in live view.

Tilting LCD

Option for an external EVF, even on a cable or hot shoe mount.

No AA filter, but happy to have sensor shift option like K3.

36mp is fine as a maximum. Would prefer 24 mp if high ISO and DR is better.

A sharp 16-35mm f/2.8 lens.

A fully mechanical lens adapter to enable full use of my D-FA and DA 645 lenses on the FF body with no restrictions.

I see this as a good backup and complimentary body to my 645z.

24 mp would be enough for me... 32MP is the absolute maximum for a FF-Sensor that would make sense to most people. I know a guy who owns a Nikon D800 and he says that he really never ever uses the full resolution.

Maybe one would like to see K-Mount lenses with leaf shutter for studio work and higher sync speeds.

and i am pretty sure that i formerly posted this in the wrong thread:

A Word to Dials and Controls, i wrote a very long letter to Ricoh Representatives in Europe, i dont know if that led anywhere. The quintessence was: Hold on to the Controls of the K-5II Add the Video Record Button and the Mode-Dial-Unlocking of the K-3  and voila: It's a Camera that is really usable and lightning fast to control.

AND OH MY GOD!! PLEASE! ! PLEASE! FINALLY PENTAX SHOULD MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO LOCK THE PHOTOS WITH A 1-1.5SECOND PRESS ON THE AE-L MODE WHEN REVIEWING THE PHOTO(ALSO IN INSTANT REVIEW)

There could be an option to record a voice memo to a picture.(Like in some compact Pentax Digicams) That could be done by pressing the OK Button in Instant Review or Review for instance...

AND SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT TO MANY PENTAX USERS:

A STRONGER-FASTER-BUT ALSO MUCH MORE SILENT "IN-BODY" AF-SCREWDRIVE MOTOR!!! I tried out a Sony Alpha A58 in a store near my hometown. And i have to say: " Gosh! That is a silent screwdrive!!!  It would really be a shame to stay behind that A58 with that "gearwheel".

GPS... ? I don't know if one does really need that internal... the O-GPS1 is a nice solution and i like the precision it brings and therefore astrotracer works really good.

Wifi? def. YES

Tethering? def. YES

NFC? YES, that would be cool somehow,

but only if you could change mode settings by holding an NFC-Tag to the Camera or by putting lensbands with integrated NFC Tags on your lenses, so the camera sets its mode corresponding to the lens that is mounted. :)

You may lough about it, but i think that could be really useful to many photographers.

NFC could make so much more things possible if you think about it.

Tilt and swivel screen?  I also don't know if i really need that. I prefer security... But a tilt only display could help in some situations and maybe(depends on the build) isn't that vulnerable like a tilt'n'swivel...

A modular viewfinder System would be cool but i am not sure if i would need it. I would be ompletely satisfied with a 100% Optical Viewfinder.

There should be done something about AF. 

Follow Focus like the Canons got it with the magic lantern hack?

One great phantasy i had, was creating an adapter that makes full use of M42 lenses (including Aperture triggering)

And a last one: 

Maybe we see the newly patented mirror technology in the FF-Pentax?

I am pretty sure not much of those ideas will see light in the new FF-Pentax. But i think those ideas/dreams are pretty cool and i am **bleep** sure that i am not the only one who had 'em.

and another last one: 

upload to ftp servers and online services directly from camera.

Love to haves:

* A 2 GB buffer for continuous shooting.

* 100% View Finder

* 1/250 flash sync (or /better/)

* A killer F1.4 low light focus option

* Tethering supported fully (Just like the K-20)
* Retina display resolution.

Nice options in the box:

* Medium format len mount adapter (645 is in my future...)

Nice options for the BIOS:

* Hackable BIOS so we can add the features much like the guys around Magic Lantern do.

* Easier lens adjustment tools (like, show on a screen how far the camera thinks the taget is and allow the user to adjust the focus, and have the camera remember the adjustments)

* Different on screen layout patterns.  3/4 Rule, Golden Rule, Center Box, etc.

* Progress bar on cache write to cards or processing for burst mode, long exposures, or anything that makes the camera less responsive.