AF selection point

Dedicated AF point selection joystick/dial.

Having dual-function 4-way controller is probably the most annoying ergonomics feature in Pentax. Please make it possible to choose focus point at any time, without searching for a switch button or holding 'ok' on lower end cameras.

Re: Full Frame- Market Launch 2015

I also would like to see an on-board flash and hot shoe, not only as a flash master, but for fill-flash (which is what I mostly use the onboard flash for on my K-3). This is handy when I'm on travel or outside and didn't bring my flash along.

Does Ricoh have any plans to make an equivalent WR lens of 16-85mm in FF size ?

Eg. 28-135mm FF ?

Also, I notice that all new lenses are KAF3 mount.  Are they all to be DC motor, or are any to be SDM ? 

• Superb dynamic range, more MP is nice but dynamic range is more important
  • Selectable crop mode - Auto = crop to best ability of lens, enable = crop to APS-C on non FF lenses, disable = no crop, no matter what, let us fix it in post
  • Full Lightroom supported hardware tethering.  WiFi is fine but please let me just plug it into the computer or laptop without having to fuss with WiFi
  • Big bright viewfinder that allows manual focusing.  AF is nice but manual is critical
  • Better AFC tracking especially for bird's in flight
  • ISO 50
  • Built in GPS and astrotracker
  • Built in radio trigger flash with multiple channels.  P-TTL is nice but all manual is better
  • Tilting/flipping screen
  • 2 SD slots
  • Lots of cusomizable buttons and wheels
  • Add a third control wheel around the 4 way key pad customizable to function
  • Spread out the AF points or add some outliers so you can focus at the edge of the frame
  • Optional battery grip
  • 7 shot exposure bracketing

[ Edited ]

- 36MPX

- Manual Crop Mode (let us crop on FF lenses)

- Thetering with USB3 on Lightroom

- Better and faster Autofocus

- Sensor TiltShift

- Zebra or colored pattern (user choice's) on focus peaking

- A small joystick or thumbstick to select focus point 

@Ricoh_Martha Here is my wish list for new FF DSLR... 

Raise X-sync to 1/250s

Open to third party radio triggers with their P-TTL technology and not let them do reverse engineering in order to manufacturer capable wireless radio triggers with HSS (P-TTL in addition would be nice)

FF sensor size should have a minimum of 36mpx, ideally 44mpx+ without lowpass filter

ISO Sensitivity 50-160000

More wide spread of AF points (cross type)

-3 or better brightness range at ISO50, same for EV

Better implementation of AF assist light (maybe there is a way to set the point in the menu when AF assist light will start)

Bring out new focusing screens for manual focus lenses to be used on new FF camera (expand this to APS-C range too)

WiFi with tethering capability implemented

Better dynamic range then 12 f-stops

Anything else Pentax did already right... should stick with K-1 name... 

I would like to see the following
1. Class leading auto focus accuracy
2. 100% compatibility all k mount lenses -no more stop down metering
3. Class leading durability (including shutter) and weather sealing with warenty to back it up
4. Ability to assign any minimum shutter speed I choose to a given focal length
5. Ability to completely hide tabs and function screens in the menu interface so that I can strip it down and see just what I need and use. But give me a quick function button so that I can instantly toggle all of the menu items viable again
6. Provide interface so I can use my computer and mouse to adjust and set all camera functions
7. Nfc image transfer to computer phone social media etc
8. Biggest brightest most informative OVF ever provided in a ff fomat camera

We have not seen many real specs yet.....probably will hear next week. For me, on board flash is important. I regularly use my on board as fill flash and also as an external trigger so becasue of this, I hope that Pentax has an on board flash for the FF....which I like and hope will be the K-F1

Jim

I think a compact but sturdy body is crucial. Built-in flash and WiFi should be included. SR is there, isn't it?

To make an unique body!

In order to differentiate yourself from the crowd, do make an unique body. Don't follow the crowd, there is simply no point to buy a Pentax if the new body is to be Canon or Nikon alike. Just do it!