Colorful Sunset Looking East

[ Edited ]

I shot this at sunset near Hartsel, Colorado.   The sunset was actually behind me so, of course, I was facing east.    Fortunately, the setting sun colored the eastern sky quite nicely, I thought.   It seems that typically, you need to be facing the sunset to see the colors, so I think this is an unusual scene.

Admittedly, I used some artistic license and enhanced the colors a little by HDR blending a range of exposures.   The darker exposures brought out the colors a little.    Shot with a K-5.

Re: Colorful Sunset Looking East

Nice shot. I have seen some really nice colors around Antereo Resevoir. The summer afternoon thunder storms make for some nice sunsets around there.

lovely colors, looks like a painting.

Verycool pic, almost look like the top and the bottom dont belong together.

Highlighted

sevenarrow wrote:

I shot this at sunset near Hartsel, Colorado.   The sunset was actually behind me so, of course, I was facing east.    Fortunately, the setting sun colored the eastern sky quite nicely, I thought.   It seems that typically, you need to be facing the sunset to see the colors, so I think this is an unusual scene.

Admittedly, I used some artistic license and enhanced the colors a little by HDR blending a range of exposures.   The darker exposures brought out the colors a little.    Shot with a K-5.

lovely sky you captured and the enhancement really adds to the beauty. Lots of wonderful sunsets up that way, we spend the summers in CO.