that's marketing for you.

reading the new features on the 645Z, can cause a case of second guessing. like why didn't i wait for the second addition of the 645  series. other than the video feature i'm drooling, but dropping $8500.00 after spending $10,000.00 for the D 4 tears ago doesn't set well. i'm not a pro so my 645 d is just for fun. i'll stay with it, but the guys at pentax are under my skin.

Re: that's marketing for you.

Re: Status of Repairs
Options
a week ago
You think they're under your skin? Read this from status of repairs.. It's like a sitcom!
I sent my 645d to repair mid August ish..

I still have not got my camera back but they DID send me a loaner which helped me not loose any more jobs. Way to late for first few jobs but did save my butt on the rest and more to come.
I contacted the CEO of Precision camera and have to say things changed very quickly! Especially when I mentioned attorney generals office!
I'd still like to get mine back before its worthless because I had every intention of selling it and upgrading to the 645z in september two months ago! Even though the service goes way beyond the word "Sucks"! Pentax is still the best for durabillity and weather which is right up my alley! And believe me this loaner is out side in the adirondack rain and snow 3 to 4 days a week. I have no intention of babying it. Their problem.. but as I say its its hard to kill a Pentax I can proof it! Ive killed Cannons and Nikons.. great cams. but should really keep them in they'er jammy's nice warm and dry!
Good Luck!

I concur.. And I did not mean to infer that Pentax sent me the loaner.. Because when I called to tell them I found it on my back porch after two days of rain and it would have been nice if someone let me know It was coming.. Nobody new who I was or what I was doing with a 645d loaner!
I wicked appreciated it because it saved my butt for two jobs but as far as I know it may have come from precision camera. The CEO John Malinosky said he was trying to get me one but that was the last I heard!
They wanted to know the serial number and all info.. Well I've been waiting since August 10th ish? They're gonna wait till I get mine back.
I'd like to assume they figured it out by now but they really aren't impressing me with their intelligence?
True story .. Believe it or not.. scary... At the time I paid $8000 for it they sent me another one and don't even know it!

Wow. I'm sorry to hear about this. I've been very excited to get my hands on this camera. I think I will try to rent one for a few weeks first. 

It is March 23.. Still in the hands of attorney generals office and Pentax legal dept. still know one knows who sent camera. I am holding back for now to give legal dept time since it just finally made it to them. Year and a half later! Getting my money back I hope! 645d is well devalued now. Not holding my breath but probably lawyer and small claims next!
Good luck!

Good Luck. I hope everything is soon resolved. 

Highlighted

Ok here is the scoop..
I'll try to make this short because it is long..
I bought 645d 10/12/13! in February of 2014 realized after starting to print for customers big sensor problem..
Started contacting Pentax from that date on.. Finally got them to let me ship for repair.. Read back post for that journey thru hell... I sent 645D camera to precision 8/12/14 received it back fixed January 2015 that's a year later!. I did follow through with attorney generals and in the end for my troubles they sent me a free K3ii Camera . (Still not worth all the lying and anxiety) I received that August 2015..
If you have any problems with any company?.. I strongly suggest Attorneys generals office.
I want to say that I love all my Pentax equipment BUT they have been taken over by a very Rude, unprofessional, irresponsible to large of a company that don't even think knows they own Pentax without looking at a list of there holdings..
Good luck and don't deal with bull#%€+.. It takes patients and time but deal with them on there level!
David
Peace!