Re: December Photo Contest- Holiday Greetings

Thank You!

Rex Sends Holiday Greetings!

Rexsz.jpg

Taken today at Greensboro, NC's Christmas parade. A little rain didn't stop Rex from attending or from me using my Pentax K-3 along with the sharp DA 50-135mm f/2.8. 
Exif: f/2.8, 1/160sec, iso 400, fl@70mm

Re: Rex Sends Holiday Greetings!

Beautiful photo and dog Rex. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the kudo!

[ Edited ]

This shot was a result of spontaneous inspiration.  One evening, seeing the nice "portrait lighting" on the snowman ornament hanging from our Christmas tree, I decided to capture the image.  Shot with the K-5, DA 35mm Limited, tripod and just the lighting provided by the tree lights.  Settings were 2 seconds, f7.1 and ISO 100.

Happy Holidays!Happy Holidays!

[ Edited ]

A very content "Christmas Cat" on Christmas Day several years ago.  None of the presents were specifically hers, though she had fun with the boxes and packaging during and after the gift exchange.  Image was taken hand held with K-5 and DA* 50-135mm lens.  Settings were 1/30 second, f2.8, 123mm and ISO 100.

Christmas Cat

Christmas Cat

[ Edited ]

The K3 is the best non full frame option for those photographers starting to build a business without an endless budget. This was hand held nearly straight out of the camera (minimal editing) there is a lot of perfect glass for Pentax / Ricoh set ups. Hope you all enjoy!

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/291gi1s.jpg[/IMG]

http://i60.tinypic.com/291gi1s.jpg

ISO 200 30mm f/2.0 1/250 second

Well, holidays in northern California lack the dramatic snow, iciles, and other stereotypical winter beauty. But we do have some ofthe loveliest sunsets of the year, beautiful clouds with definition unimpeded by dirty air, and early moon rises. Here's what holiday season looks like this year from Clayton, California.

winter moonrise over Clayton, California

So for those curious, this is mostly in-camera. I took an eight-minute interval composite. This was the final in the series. I used the moon from the first to avoid a blurred moon-line. Using a colored brush on 8% opacity, I painted the cloud in front ofthe moon because pasting it in put it on top of the cloud and removing the moon blue damaged the cloud.

[ Edited ]

K3__0050.jpg

A light display with many people stopping to observe and a beautiful reflecting pool to duplicate the scene.

Shot with Pentax K3