Re: December Photo Contest- Holiday Greetings

[ Edited ]

I wanted to make a photo with a bokeh Christmas tree and the center of interest being a Christmas ornament. Ricoh GR Digital @ f2.8. Natural lighting from a patio door to the left of the image and two skylights above. 

Merry Christmas2.jpg

[ Edited ]

I captured this photo last winter while visiting Silver Plume Colorado using my K-5 and DA 18-135.  

It truly was a peaceful experience, the only sound being the soft white noise of the snow falling to the ground.  

Settings were 1/50 second, f8, 18mm and ISO 80.

Peace.jpg 

I call this image, "Gingerbread House Chaos."  It was taken at the Rift Valley Children's Village in northern Tanzania in 2011. One of the children saw a picture of a gingerbread house in a book we were reading, so when I was in the city I bought enough supplies for about 30 kids to build gingerbread houses on Christmas Eve. After the buiding was complete, it took about 30 seconds for the houses to be devoured by the children! It was happy chaos.  The photo was taken with my Pentax K-5, using the 10-17mm fisheye lens. ISO 1600, f/4.5, 1/60

I call this photograph, "Christmas Feast." It was taken at the Rift Valley Children's Village in Tanzania. The orphange prepares a "feast" for all of the children and the staff and thier extended families. It's the only day of the year that everyone is permitted to fill their plates with as much food as they can fit on it! Many of the children have bigger eyes than they have stomachs. More than one of the children ate until they cried. Christmas Day at the orphange is beautiful - everyone participates in a pagent/talent show followed by lots of songs and games and of course, a lovely meal. This photograph was taken with my Pentax K-5 and the 10-17mm fisheye lens. ISO 100, f/5.0, 1/60

I call this photograph, "Christmas Lights in B&W." It was taken in Ridley Park, PA on Christmas Eve, 2012. My nephew was outside sprinkling "reindeer dust" in the front year, hoping to attract Santa Claus to his house that night. (It worked!) I love the look of the lights in black & white.  The photograph was taken with my Pentax K-5, using the 10-17mm fisheye lens. ISO 400, f/3.5, 1/15.

I was using my new Ricoh GR Digital for the first time on a trip to a local antiques store. They had a number of Christmas displays and ornaments displayed around the historic building. The display of the carousel horses caught my eye and I had to get a photo of it. 

Christmas Parade.jpg

[ Edited ]

Jojo and the Christmas Tree.  Pentax K-30 and smc PENTAX-DA 35mm F2.4 AL

[ Edited ]

Christmas Tree Lover'  Pentax K-30 & SMC Pentax-A 50 F1.7

Santa's sleigh (see the red streak?) leaving the North Pole over the Northern Lights.  Taken in Ester, AK with my Pentax K-30 and DA 40mm Limited.

Christmas Lights.jpg

[ Edited ]

I decided to recreate a scene from xmas eve that my niece created at my parents hourse. might be a little trite, but its classic.

done with a tamron 28-75 on a k30 body. hope you guys have a happy new year, I have come down with a touch of plague from the same snot nosed brat.