Disappointed by email luring me here

Just yesterday I was asked to join this forum and I was offered the chance to join the monthly photo challenge with a very nice prize for my efforts...maybe...

You can understand it was very hard to say no to that, so I joined, am looking around, posting some things and now I come to the big prize, the golden promise, but.... I'm just a poor guy coming from The Netherlands, stuck here in Europe, thankful I was asked to join. So, althought the email is half filled with contest details I'm not even allowed to play.

Thank you my big American cousins, I'll stay here in my corner looking out at what could've been :-(

Spoiler

Re: Disappointed by email luring me here

Sorry but it's for Ricoh of America only.  Maybe Europe will have their own?

Topics: 5
Kudos: 13
Solutions: 4

We completely understand your disappointment. We as well were disappointed to find out we could only offer the contest to US residents. We still hope you will continue to take part in our community as we look into international laws for contests.

[ Edited ]

I have also joined this forum just a moment ago.

Also from The Netherlands and also from the Dutch Pentax forum (just as the topic starter).

Besides the "monthly contests" with nice prices (in which we are not able to compete), what is the goal of RICOH for "another" Pentax forum?

Highlighted

Well, yes, that may be true. But then the question remains why this was advertised not only to US customers...