Why only open to U.S Residents?

I'm actually shocked that Ricoh Imaging is limiting sections of the Forum to U.S residents only. You do sell products outside of the United States and have a good market here. Just wondering why Canadians are not allowed to partake in this?

Regards,

K M-C Imaging

Topics: 5
Kudos: 13
Solutions: 4

Re: Why only open to U.S Residents?

We worked tirelessly with our Canadian legal team to work out contest rules to abide by their laws. Unfortunately, we were not able to get the rules in place by the time the contest began. We are working on getting Canadian laws for rules in place by next contest. Please stay tuned. Thanks!

I've got my thumbs up and fingers crossed! :-)

Hi,

I only joined the 'community' for the monthly contest, the email writing was so small I signed up before I could read that the contests would not be open to me (I am in UK) so I'd like to delete my profile but there's nowhere I can see how to do that, can you advise please?

Bob

As a Canadian, I appreciate that it will take some time to reconcile the issues related to prizes etc.  Just let us know when we can participate.  You will find quite a few of members will be from Canada.

Ok that explains Canada but there is a whole world out there RICOH. A world that buys and uses your products every minute of the day.

I don't really understand why Ricoh would send this email to the global merket when it's so exculive. I imagine they've irritated more people than engaged.

'Your invitation to a personal irritation'.

Even members from the Islamic State should not be excluded, if they use Pentax! :-) And if they also received this invitation. In a world of global commerce, when you can receive a product from the other end of world in 48 hours, I find this a marketing failure.

I don't understand why Ricoh would send this email to the global market when it's for US residents only. That does not make sense to me as a German Pentax user.

Topics: 5
Kudos: 13
Solutions: 4

Our email list has been compliled over the last 10 years. Becuase of this we aren't able to tell which country/region subscribers are from. We had thought that the list was compromised of just US and Canadian residents, as we represent Ricoh Imaging in the Americas. We still hope you'll continue to take part in the community, as we look into international laws for contests.