Comments
Labels
by JoeDusel
on ‎04-24-2015 11:02 AM

Does Ricoh ever poll customers on what they want in a camera? I notice their are a few folks that seem to be happy about having GPS instead of a flash, but it seems to me that the bulk of comments I have read have been negative. I would have thought that Ricoh would have focused on giving people more pro-camera features, like maybe wired-tethering and built-in wireless P-TTL flash control for off camera flash. Heck, none of the after-market suppliers of remote flash controllers support Pentax TTL, so I would imagine that the Pentax community would be thrilled to have that option. Instead you want to focus on GPS? Wow...

Labels
by Bob
on ‎04-26-2015 10:12 AM

Some of the K3II promotional material indicate that there are improvements for studio work, just wondering what they are?  I have not found any details on this as yet.  Thanks.

Labels
by Class_A
‎05-27-2015 05:30 PM - edited ‎10-09-2015 06:33 AM

@JoeDusel:

Your suggested "built-in wireless P-TTL" is not a "pro-camera" feature.

First, P-TTL is not a pro-level flash system to begin with as it only has very poor support for multiple light sources.

Second, it relies on optical triggering which is problematic in sunlight and when using flashes within light modifiers or in locations that are not "in-sight".

As a matter of fact, many pro-level cameras from other manufacturers forgo a built-in pop-up flash as well, because the latter is not fit for pro-level use.

I applaud Ricoh's decision to replace the pop-up flash with other functionality. I agree that wired-tethering (via USB3) and/or built-in Wi-Fi are desirable features.

Labels
by pencometax
on ‎07-28-2015 10:31 AM

Yay, let's hear it for tethering!!! Oops. 

Labels
by gmphotography
on ‎10-08-2015 09:51 PM

As was suggested by another user, most otehr pro-grade cameras do not offer popup flash. I found using the pop up flash to trigger my two expensive flashguns on ttl proved to be more frustrating than helpful and I prefer to use wireless radio triggers as they are far far more consistent. Sure, you have to know what you're doing and set the flash to the apropriate power, but it is so much nicer knowing that the flash will actually fire. Kudos for the GPS, now I don't need to spend another $150-200 on the o-gps1, absolutely brilliant!
What I would like to see? Easily able to turn on/off the astrotracer function with the info button (like other functions) and/or the ability to put the setting of the astrotracer function into the user modes, so it could be very easy to switch from astrotracing to not astrotracing. Tethering would be a neat function too!
I love my K3II so far, hopefully it lives up to my K20D and becomes my constant companion!