Precision Camera repair?

So my DA 18-135 stopped focusing and I sent it in to Precision for repair.  They did the work charged me $160 and sent it back.  About two weeks later it stops focusing again.

So I send it back to Precison marking the little check box that says "Has this lens been repaired within the last six months" expecting it to be fixed again under their six month warranty.

Much to my surprise they charged me again for the same repair.  I have emailed and called.  No response to email and the phone is not answered.

Pentax folks, can you tell me if Precision does have a six month warranty on repairs?  And how do I get in touch with them?  I am fine with being charged once, the 18-135 is a fine lens and does not seem to break often.  But if I paid for a new DC focusing motor how come it breaks again in two weeks and they get to charge me again?

Topics: 5
Kudos: 13
Solutions: 4

Re: Precision Camera repair?

Hi jatrax,

Can you send me an email explaining your issue. I will forward it on to the apporpriate person so this is handled right away. martha.janeski@us.ricoh-imaging.com. Thanks!

[ Edited ]
That's what happens when they kill all the authorized Pentax repair centers and opt for a Soviet model centralized RICOH repair factory, probably with similar quality to other centralized economy goods.

It's as if Ricoh is actually trying to murder the Pentax brand.

[ Edited ]

So I see I neglected to follow up on this post.  Perhaps leaving the impression it was never resolved.

Nothing could be further from the truth.  Within a few days of sending the requested email I received a phone call from Ricoh customer service, call tags for the lens to send it back to Precision at their cost and a refund of all extra charges.

I wish Precision had handled this better from the start but once I contacted RIcoh the problem was fixed, no messing around.  I want to thank Ricoh customer service for stepping in and solving this issue.