Telephoto lens with super zoom for serious beginner (for Pentax K-S2)

Hello!
My name is Matt, I am a serious beginner. I work with parakeets in the wild and need some lens that would allowed me to take a sharp pictures of parakeets rings with the numbers on them... I've been using one of those 'ultra zoom' compact camera (low budget solution) but quality is too low, can't read the numbers... I was advised to buy Pentax K-S2 and I'm checking what lenses are available and which would be the best for me.
Could you please advice me something?
Thanks!
Matt

Highlighted

Re: Telephoto lens with super zoom for serious beginner (for Pentax K-S2)

In your situation the best tactic is to identify the lens (and figure out how to pay for it), then the camera body. Pentax currently offers a 560mm, a 450mm zoom, and a 300mm, plus shorter lenses. And an excellent 1.4x teleconverter. Coupled with a K-3II, K-70, or KP or K-S2, you get the added 1.5x reach of an APS-C sensor. So plenty of lens is available, but the cost of the longer lenses will make you sick (from any brand, not just Pentax).  There are some less expensive zooms from Sigma and Tamron and Tokina with OK performance and definitely lower prices. But these can be hard to find in good condition.