Ricoh GR APSC

I don't se any reference to the GR anywhere - is that significant? Now is about time for the product cycle upadate is it not?

Re: Ricoh GR APSC

Not necessarily.

The GR is a niche camera with a small but dedicated following.

If you look at the timeline of new model releases, it seems reasonable to expect an updated model sometime in 2015.

I just wish they would release a model with a 40mm lens, as 28mm is too wide for my taste.

Re: Ricoh GR APSC

Historically there has been a ew model announced every other October. Perhaps the GR was May though? So yes, a few more months maybe.

I think the small but dedicated following prbably grew with the GR, helped by the Fuji X100/s/t. There is the crop function on the GR. I don't think a 40mm would work. 28mm is a very popular focal length, 40 less so and doesn't really fit the context in which most people use the camera, IE street / documentary. It's too close.

However, I wish Ricoh would reintroduce the GXR which was revolutionary. Or release three models of the GR, 28mm, 35mm, 40mm. The size of the camera for a 40mm would be more like the GXR though anyway I imagine.