Digital Camera Utility 5

I installed the Digital Camera Utility 5 software that came with my Pentax K3, but it won't work with Win 7.  Click on the icon, the opening screen flashes for a second, then nothing.  Tried unintall/reinstall, but same result.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I submitted an inquiry to Ricoh/Pentax many weeks ago, but no response.

Re: Digital Camera Utility 5

I have installed Utility 5 on Windows 7, no problems found.  Check the updates to your version of windows 7 to ensure you have the necessary updates to Windows.  I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 bit version.

Try setting compatibility mode for startup icon. To do so right mouse click on program start icon then display Properties then look for Compatibility tab, set this to be compatible with WinXP SP3. See if that works and of course let us all know. Personally I use Adobe Lr so no need for other utilities.

may try to install with Administrator rights. to do so right click on setup and use the "run as admin" entry to do

Does anyone really like DCU5?   When I got my K3, I was at someone else's house (not a photographer) and did not have access to my normal programs.  So I loaded DCU5, used it for a month,  and was disappointed in limited capabilities.  I had to reprosses my good shots after I got home.

Highlighted

Thanks for all the suggestions, but nothing worked.  I discovered that the install CD creates a folder, but nothing installs -- the folder is empty!  Anyway, I've moved on--Lightroom & Elements are fine for my needs.  Thanks again for all the suggestions.