03-26-2015 09:42 AM - edited 04-11-2015 06:24 AM
I recently bought a Ricoh theta m15. Today I saw an update just adding Chinese to the Adnroid app. There coule be so much more! Here are some suggestions for further improvement of the software and firmware:
Two weeks have passed and after using the Theta on a trip here are further observations:
- the lenses are super sensitive and they attract scratches like I've never seen before. The camera falls in the sand and there are scratches which result in dark spots. Is there a way to exchange the lenses?
- another hardware improvement: use a metal base - make it magnetic so the Theta would not so easily fall when stending on some metal box or rail. would also help tripods
- infact use some metal for reflection anyways as this hack here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGJwPymYB_M show some improvement
- some little built-in stand to make the theta not fall on the lens would be great
- any way to upload to theta360.com without the smartphone app?
Overal I'm happy depsite of the high costs for the Theta. The most annoying this is needing to switch off the camera and pressing buttons to switch to video mode right now. It loses the WiFi connecting due to this and takes a lot of time. Make it it possible maybe to take photos/still frames in low-resolution during video if this is a hardware limit.
I have several other ideas. It would be great to get some inexpensive underwater housing also for the camera.
05-09-2015 10:28 AM
You can use a monopod...
These are some good suggestions. I would love to see a self timer just so I could get my huge thumb out of every picture I take :)
11-02-2015 03:13 AM
Nice ideas, I have the m15 and have ordered the new Theta S, the Hardware is pretty sound, a few changes would be nice with firmware updates on the new Thata S like, Set the Theta S to link to a Mifi via Wifi or home broadband for a direct link to Theta360 uploads and also then you don't have to change your wifi in your phone to link to it.
I'm more concerned about a cloud storage solution , theta360 seems a little to standard / Plain / Boring, be nice to create seperate folders for different events, and can make a folder shareable to friends and family, just seems a little off to upload to theta360 then share a link to facebook/Tumblr/Twitter for 1 pic at as time , very time consuming and don't want to flood facebook/Tumblr/Twitter with plenty of Pics lol
My scenario soon is i'm taking the mrs for a 3 week holiday and will definilty be taking loads and loads of pics , Private and sharable to friend and family and don't want to have to mess around to much , taking the new E5786 Mifi for Data and other devices so need a workable solution , even Apple photo if possible via macbook air, a cloud service even , and i have Synology Diskstations at home i could upload too
11-05-2015 10:22 AM
Hope you have a blast on your vacation! We'd love for you to share your Theta images with us.
Would you like me to involve our product manager in remedies for a cloud storage solution?