Shooting with K-3 while running rapids in Grand Canyon

For twenty years I've done long trips down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon, for magazine features, workshops and just for fun. I've used bodies like the Pentax PZ-1P, MZ-S, all the dslr's and WG cameras, and even the 645D and 645Z, but when shooting inside the rapids I now use the K-3 in an EWA-Marine bag. If you love adventure, water, wilderness and making images of all three this is a trip you'll love, and I'm happy to share tips on how to keep your gear dry and usable. Here's a link to my story in Outdoor Photographer magazine, detailing just that premise:  www.outdoorphotographer.com/locations/north-america/the-grand-canyon-from-within.html#.VNOj1cagjbX

You can contact me thru the PPG (Pentax Photo Gallery), with other questions. I'm happy to share what I've learned. And I teach my own workshops, so you have that option as well.

Kerrick

Re: Shooting with K-3 while running rapids in Grand Canyon

What model EWA-Marine bag do you use with your K3?

Thanks

Victor.

Highlighted

I'm currently using the UB-100, which allows a 77mm filter size, so I can use either my 12-24mm or 14mm/2.8 lenses.

View it here:

http://www.ewa-marine.com/index.php?id=93

Good shooting and ask anything else you like...

Kerrick

Could I use the same UB-100 with a 67 mm?  Would I have to step it up to 77 mm or do you recommend a different bag for that?

Thanks

I believe so, but just make sure you get the 67mm filter ring. It should come with the kit. If you buy from B&H or Adorama just ask the salesman.

Kerrick